skyline of firenze

skyline of firenze

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

August 20th


So today it is stifling hot out. The heat wave has definitely come, and it’s supposed to only get worse from here. We all went swimming all morning after our English lessons. It felt a lot better in the pool, the water really countered the heat. Then for lunch we had pasta in a pesto sauce with bread and prosciutto. I passed out for a good hour and a half because of the lack of sleep from the night before. For some reason I just couldn’t fall asleep even though I was so tired. But it seems that I started a trend cause all the kids are sleeping now. The kids didn’t all wake up till after 4 pm and then they just lounged around the house, everyone was way too hot to do anything. I watched them for a good two hours while the moms were out shopping. Then for dinner we had breaded chicken with rice and zucchini with fruit and gelato. The little kids all go matching outfits today of all black with dark sunglasses to pretend to be spies/men in black. Its really cute I had them ‘spying’ to mission impossible and the theme song to men in black.

Also I forgot to mention how well dressed people are at night. There must be some sort of unspoken rule that when you go out to dinner and then out on the town that you have to wear something different then you did during the day. Cause during the day people just wear whatever, I mean some of the sundresses I saw look like colorful garbage bags. But at night everyone was dressed simply, but fancy at the same time. And everyone wears heels, not just little heels, like 3+ inch heels. Even the dancers at the circus, and the old ladies I saw in town. So I guess it’s a good thing I packed my new sexy heels for Florence. Also I’m devastated cause I think I lost my ping on ointment at the circus. It was in my pocket when I left the house, and when I got back it was gone.  (in case no one knows what in the world I am talking about ping on ointment is this little container of god knows what that I bought in Hong Kong and it is a miracle worker with bug bites.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment